Dr. Mouna Jamil Abou Assali
Assistant Professor - General Education and Foundation Program
Dr. Mouna Abou Assali is a professional educator. She holds a (EdD) from the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom and an MEd in ELT from the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom. She has taught and delivered seminars on a wide range of topics, including English language, teacher education, communication and leadership skills, and self-development. She has coordinated and designed tertiary English language courses and ESP programs throughout her professional career.
By presenting a positive example of a lifelong learner, she is continuously attempting to inspire and improve the attitudes of her students and others. She has published several book chapters and papers in professional development and language teaching journals.
- Doctorate of Education in TESOL (EdD), University of Exeter, UK.
- Masters of Education (Med) in ELT, University of Sheffield, UK.
English Language Skills to Non-native Speakers (EFL/TESOL)
Research interest and areas of expertise include:
- Teacher professional growth
- Teachers’ and students’ emotions and positive psychology
- Educational leadership
- Educational technology
- Abou Assali, M., & Al Dowaikat, M. (2021). Positive Perspectives Matter: Enhancing Positive Organizational Behavior. PEOPLE: International Journal of Social Sciences, 7(2), 64-78.
- Abou Assali, M & Troudi, S. Positive and negative emotions of EFL Emirati Pre-service teachers during the practicum. In Coombe, C., Hiasat, L. & Daleure, G. (Accepted) English Language & General Studies Education in the UAE: Research Perspectives. Springer.
- Abou Assali, M & Troudi, S.(2019) Expatriate Leaders’ leadership styles vs. Local subordinates’ perspectives in a United Arab Emirates higher education institution. Rhetoric and Communications Journal, Issue 40.
- Abou Assali, M. (2018) Challenges and learning opportunities: Pre-service teachers’ perceptions of integrating a digital story project into a literacy course. Rhetoric and Communications E-Journal, 37, ISSN 1314-4464.
- Abou Assali, M. (2018) Reflection: A Key to Successful Educational Research and Conference Presentations, SSRN.
- Abou Assali, M. & Kushkiev, P. (2017) A Positive Approach for Igniting ESL Teacher Motivation. In Abu-Rmaileh, S., Elsheikh, A., and Al Alami, S. Motivation and Classroom Management in the Digital World
- Abou Assali, M. & Kushkiev, P. (2016). New Approaches to Teacher Effectiveness. AWEJ,7, 1. March, 2016.
- Abou assail, M. (2015). A book chapter: Teacher & Student Teacher Emotions in Literature: A Critical Review. In Coombe, C. Khan, R.: Best Practice in ELT Voices: Voices from the Classroom. TESOL Arabia Publication.
- Abou Assali, M. (2015). Attributional beliefs in the EFL Classroom. Proceedings of the International Conference on Education, Psychology and Social Sciences. Taipei, Taiwan.
- Abou-Assali, M. (2014) The link between teacher professional development and student achievement: A critical view. International Journal of Bilingual & Multilingual Teachers of English. 1, 40-49.
- Abou-Assali, M. (2014). The nature of educational inquiry: Is one approach better? International Review of Contemporary Learning Research.3, 71-76.
- Abou Assali, M. (2013) The Emotional Experiences of United Arab Emirates EFL Student Teachers during the Practicum , University of Exeter, UK.
- Abou-Assali, M. (2009). Teachers’ and supervisors’ perceptions of the resident educational supervisor’s roles in primary schools in the UAE, Abu Dhabi. In: “The Practical: An East-West Curriculum Dialogue” Proceedings. The First International Conference on “The Practical” Curriculum. Beijing, China.