Assistant Professor, Business Continuity Management & Integrated Emergency Management Program
Dr. Elarbi is currently working as Assistant Professor at Rabdan Academy, BCM&IEM Program had his PhD in Business Administration from Tohoku University, Graduate school of Economics and Business, Japan. He obtained his master’s degree from Tohoku University, Graduate school of Economics and Business, Japan.
He is specialized in Risk estimation and measurement using historical data, simulation and probabilistic models and was engaged in Research projects in different fields.
Besides his experience of teaching in Japan, Tunisia and UAE, he was also a postdoctoral and Research fellow, in Data Mining and Statistical Modeling of Consumers behavior using RFID data at the DM-Lab, the Institute of Socio-Network Studies, Kansai University, Japan.
- PhD in Business Administration (Quantitative Analysis, Econometrics, and Stochastic Modeling) from Tohoku University, Graduate school of Economics and Business, Japan. 2010
- Master in Business Administration (Quantitative Analysis, Econometrics, and Stochastic Modeling) from Tohoku University, Graduate school of Economics and Business, Japan. 2007
- Bachelor’s in Quantitative Methods and Applied Statistics from the ISG, Quantitative Department, Tunisia. 2003
- Business Continuity Management (Standards, Framework, Plans and Programs)
- Risk Analysis and Management, Quality Management (Standards, TQM, Six-Sigma)
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Operational Research and Decision Models
- Quantitative Analysis
- Time-Series Forecasting Techniques
- Business Analytics and Predictive Modeling
- Risks triggers/Risk factors and variables selection
- Risks and Disasters Forecasting with Time-Series Models
- State-Space representation and Bayesian Techniques for Risks specification
- Rare-Events Study
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Hajer Zarrouk, Laura Galloway, Mohamed Sherif, Elarbi Elkaroui, Anas Al Mulla “Entrepreneurial Orientation in Small Firms: A Qualitative Exploration in The Context of an Emerging Economy”. Research Handbook on Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies. Chapter 4, Edward Elgar Publishing – 2020.
- Hajer Zarrouk, Mohamed Sherif, Laura Galloway, Elarbi Elkaroui, Anas Al Mulla “The Impact of Entrepreneurial Orientation on Firm Performance in Small and Medium-sized UAE and Abu Dhabi Businesses”. ADEC sponsored project on SMEs performances; “Entrepreneurial orientation in small business in Abu Dhabi”. ISBE 2017
- Elarbi Elkaroui “Modeling the Consumer Shopping Path: An approach based on two levels path decomposition “, Research Meeting of DM Lab, Kansai University, 11. 2010
- Elarbi Elkaroui “Measuring the Market Efficiency: An Application of Time-Deformation Models “, Doctoral Thesis Pre-Defense at the Special Meeting of Quantitative Research Unit, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University, 02.2010
- Elarbi Elkaroui “State-Space Models: Concept Analysis and Application”, International Graduate Students Conference Tohoku & Kyoto University, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 11. 2005