Academy Vice President
Dr. Faisal O. Al Ayyan
BSc, MSc, PhD MIET MIEEE
Faisal is an experienced leader with nearly two decades of planning, design, project management and capability development experience. He has managed many Governmental complex programmes and projects ‘end to end’. Dr Alayyan is currently the Vice President of Rabdan Academy.
In 2010, he has been appointed to manage the development of new-Government-owned educational institution, Rabdan Academy, that is now pioneering a new approach to safety, security, defence, emergency preparedness, and crisis management education and training – firmly focused on, integrated, joint and combined activity between all relevant organizations. It is helping drive the nation’s capability even higher in a concerted, collaborative and cohesive manner. In this role, Dr Alayyan is responsible for the delivery of several extremely sensitive and important programmes and projects with very significant project values. Key to these activities is Dr Alayyan ability to analyse and define nation’s requirements and to fully understand the framework towards a more resilient nation.
Prior to his joining Rabdan Academy, Dr. Al Ayyan has occupied several key posts in major organizations such as the Critical Infrastructure & Coastal Protection Authority, Tawazun Economic Council and Khalifa University (formally Etisalat University College).
During his service, Dr Alayyan has undertaken many professional development courses and training which has honed his technical and analytical skills to a high level. He has studied at Darmstadt University of Technology and Ecole National Supérieure des Telecommunications, Curtin University, and Melbourne University. Dr Alayyan is an active member of the intuition of Engineering and technology and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. He has been a member of the technical programs, organizing and steering committees of numerous international conferences and workshops and organized and chaired a number of technical sessions.
During Faisal’s career he has been exposed to many aspects of business and has managed the tendering and procurement of technically complex acquisitions. These activities allowed him to be in professional contact with many multi-national companies and suppliers which has provided him with a sound foundation of business understanding and he has developed a very good business acumen. Given the nature of the high profile programmes and projects that Dr Alayyan has developed a highly effective ability to manage extremely sensitive and complex project situations involving important and very influential stakeholder groups.
Faisal is a committed leader who is goal- and outcome-focused and has the instinctive ability to analysis situations and concepts quickly which underpins his decisive approach to decision making.
- Faisal O. Alayyan, Abdelhak M. Zoubir, Yee Hong Leung, and Raed M. Shubair, “Blind Channel Identification and Equalisation in OFDMusing Subspace-Based Methods”, Journal of Communication, 2008.
- Le Goff S, F. O. Alayyan, “Design of bit-interleaved turbo-coded modulations”, Electronics Letters 2001, 37(16), 1030-1031.
- F. O. Alayyan, Y. H. Leung, A. Zoubir, R. Shubair, E. Alshamsi and O. Alketbi, “Blind Channel Identification and Equalization for GI-less OFDM Systems,” IFIB Wireless Days Conference, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), November 2008.
- F. O. Alayyan, Y. H. Leung and A. Zoubir, “LSF-CMA Equalization Algorithm for OFDM System using Zero-Padding Technique,” International Con-ference on Signals Processing and Communications (ICSPC’07), Dubai, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), November 2007.
- F. O. Alayyan, A. Zoubir and Y. H. Leung, “Blind Channel Identification Technique in OFDM-based SIMO Systems,” in Proceedings of the 9th Inter-national Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications (ISSPA’07), Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), February 2007.
- F. O. Alayyan, A. Zoubir and Y. H. Leung, “Adaptive Blind Equalization Algorithm for QAM Signals in OFDM Systems by Restoration GI,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications (ISSPA’07), Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), February 2007.
- F. O. Alayyan, K. Abed-Meraim, and A. Zoubir, “Blind MMSE Channel Identification And Equalization Algorithms for OFDM Systems,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications (ISSPA’07), Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), February 2007.
- F. O. Alayyan, K. Abed-Meraim, and A. Zoubir, “Blind equalization in OFDM systems exploiting guard interval redundancy,” in Proceedings of 39th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, USA, November 2005.
- F. O. Alayyan, K. Abed-Meraim, and A. Zoubir, “Blind equalization and frequency offset estimation in OFDM systems exploiting guard interval redundancy,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications (ISSPA’05), Sydney, Australia, August 2005.
- F. O. Alayyan, Y. H. Leung, and A. Zoubir, “A fast blind channel estimation method for ZP-OFDM systems,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE Workshop on Statistical Signal Processing (SSP), Bordeaux, France, July 2005.
- F. O. Alayyan, Y. H. Leung, and A. Zoubir, “Linear one tap equalizer for the spatial diversity based on GI-less OFDM system”, in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC 2005), New York, USA, June 2005.
- F. O. Alayyan. “Blind channel estimation based on minimum noise subspace exploiting spatial diversity in ZP-OFDM systems ”, in Proceedings of the Postgraduate Electrical Engineering and Computing Symposium (PEECS’04), Perth, Australia, September 2004.
- Le Goff S, F. O. Alayyan, “Optimal constellations for bit-interleaved turbo-coded modulations”. In: GRETSI Symposium. 2001, Toulouse, France.
- Faisal O. Alayyan, “Historical background of Al–Qaeda in Yemen ”, Nation Shield, Issue No. 540, Jan 2017.
- Faisal O. Alayyan, “Al–Qaeda in Algeria ”, Nation Shield, Issue No. 538, Nov 2016.
- Faisal O. Alayyan, “What happens after Daesh in Mosul scenario ”, Nation Shield, Issue No.541, Feb 2017
- Faisal O. Alayyan, “The Uqba Ben Nafie Battalion is the largest conflict model in Tunisia”, Nation Shield, Issue No.543, April 2017