Olli Pekka Suorsa
Assistant Professor, Homeland Security Program
Dr Olli Pekka Suorsa is an Assistant Professor in Homeland Security. Before joining Rabdan, Dr Suorsa worked as a Research Fellow in the Maritime Security Programme of the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), in Singapore, and lectured at the Department of Asian and International Studies (AIS) in the City University of Hong Kong. Dr Suorsa obtained his Ph.D. from the City University of Hong Kong, MSc. from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, and BA from the Tallinn University of Technology, in Estonia. Dr Suorsa’s research focuses on issues related to Indo-Pacific and MENA security and defence, maritime security, and the role of smaller powers in international politics. Prior embarking on his academic career, Dr Suorsa worked in defence and aerospace industry in Finland.
- PhD in Asian Security from City University of Hong Kong.
- MA in Asian Politics from School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.
- BA in International Relations from Tallinn University of Technology.
- Olli Pekka Suorsa, “European Maritime Security Capacity Building Assistance in Southeast Asia: Promises and Pitfalls”, KAS PANORAMA, (accepted for publication: Q1/2022).
- Olli Pekka Suorsa, “Sub-Regional Counter-Terrorism Mechanisms Take Lead in Southeast Asia’s Fight Against the Islamic State”, Thinking ASEAN: From Southeast Asia, on Southeast Asia, Issue 39, September 2018, pp. 2-6.
- Olli Pekka Suorsa, “Choosing Sides? Illiberalism and Hedging in the Philippines and Thailand”, KAS PANORAMA, 2/2017, pp. 63-76.