Dr. Khameis Mohamed Al Abdouli
Program Chair Foundation & General Education
Dr. Khameis Alabdouli is an Assistant Professor of Business Continuity Management and Integrated Emergency Management at Rabdan Academy. His teaching and research are shaped by his background in academics, as well as his experience as a head of future studies unit in the Emirates University Center for Public Policy and Leadership between 2017 to 2019.
Dr. Alabdouli started his academic career as a teaching assistant at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), where he obtained an MA in Geographic Information Systems with high distinction from University of Arkansas, USA and a PhD from Florida State University, USA. During his PhD years, Dr. Alabdouli joined the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center where worked closely with NASA scientists and partners on project titled: “Creating a Colombian Wildfire Risk Evaluation Map with NASA EOS Data”. After earning his PhD degree, Dr. Alabdouli joined the Department of Geography and Urban Sustainability, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, UAEU as an assistant professor from 2015 to 2019. During his work with the UAEU, he participated in various committees on department, college and university levels.
In 2017, Dr. Alabdouli joined the Emirates University Center for Public Policy and Leadership as the head of future studies unit, in addition to his academic duties, where he was responsible for couple of research projects with government partners. Dr. Alabdouli worked closely with various government agencies on the local and the federal level on differemt tasks and projects such as proposing the GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Center for Fujairah Emirate in 2017. In addition, he established and coordinated couple of MOU’s between the UAEU and their strategic partners such as Dubai Police and NCEMA (National Emergency, Crisis, and Disaster Management Agency). Dr. Alabdouli, also, had experience with future foresight tools and applications by preparing future foresight report for the UAE in coordination with University of Oxford and Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies. Furthermore, Dr. Alabdouli was a member of several judge committees in the United Arab Emirates University and external partners.
Dr. Alabdouli contributed to his academic career through publishing couple of journal articles in peer-reviewed journals in addition to delivering presentations at a number of international symposiums and conferences.
MA in Geographic Information Systems with high distinction from University of Arkansas, USA
PhD from Florida State University, USA
- Hypothetical Tsunami Scenarios and Evacuation Intention: A Case Study of Organa County, California-2017
- Coastal Runoff in the United Arab Emirates—The Hazard and Opportunity- 2019
- Tsunami Risk Assessment Using Geomatics in Fujairah City, UAE- 2010
- Alabdouli, & Hussein, & Ghebreyesus, & Sharif,. 2019. Coastal Runoff in the United Arab Emirates—The Hazard and Opportunity. Sustainability. 11. 5406. 10.3390/su11195406.
- K, 2017. Hypothetical Tsunami Scenarios and Evacuation Intention: A Case Study of Organa County, California. J Geogr NatDisast 7:212. doi: 10.4172/2167-0587.1000212.
- 2017 Rashed Award for Scientific Outstanding, The Cultural and Scientific Association, Dubai
- 2016 Being recognized by H.H. Sheikh Hamad Bin Mohammed Al Sharqi for completing my PhD in the field of GIS.
- 2016 Awarded for having an outstanding performance in the National Military Service
- 2012 NASA DEVELOP Internship program for summer 2012