Library Services and Information
- The Library is pleased to announce that Noura Al Messabi has been appointed Library Officer. She brings a wealth of relevant skills and experience to the Library.
- NEW Books:
– Happiness & Positivity by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
– Piracy in the Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea by Vijay Sakhuja
– Supply Chain Risk Management by Gregory Schlegel
– Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds by FLA
– Countering Terrorist Recruitment by Siddik Ekici
– Police Occupational Culture by Megan O’Neill
The Rabdan Library has a collection primarily focused on our academic degree program areas. The shelves are open and borrowing privileges are listed below.
|Maximum items||Loan Period (Calendar days)||Loan Period (Calendar days)||Period |
Replacement cost plus shipping (if applicable) + 20%
To be announced
The Rabdan Academy Library serves a growing and vibrant community of students, faculty and staff. The Library is a bright welcoming space with a collection of books and electronic resources dedicated to supporting the curriculum and encourages reading. Our electronic resources include Emerald, Jstor, Oxford Academic and other scholarly titles. A growing print collection meets the needs of faculty and students in the subject areas that support our degree programs.
As His Highness Sheikh Khalifa stated, “The key to prosperity will always be knowledge and the key to knowledge will always be reading. The first message from God to Earth will always be ‘Iqra’, or ‘Read’.”
The Library is located on the Podium Floor near the front of the building. It is open during the class hours of 8am to 5pm Sunday through Thursday.
Any request for access outside of these hours must be coordinated with the Manager and Security offices.
Manager, Knowledge Management and Media Resources
Library Officer (Arabic speaking)
English Language Reading Resources
Reading Skills for Today’s Adults
BBC Reading for pleasure
Useful Reading and Writing Links