Senior Lecturer, General Education Program
With an original training in Information Technology (Master of Information Technology) and Education (Master of Educational Studies), Maurice is a 25+ year industry, academic and training professional with deep expertise in the information systems management, high level requirement, IT strategy and governance, IT Service and Project Management proficiency. As a Faculty at the Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi Men’s College, Maurice was leading the Business Solution team and lecturing in a range of Systems specialist courses (Organizational Behavior, Services and Project Management, Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, as well as marketing, ethics, and human resources management). He actively participated in the strategic planning committee of the college. Maurice was also honored in 2010 to have been for 2 years a lead trainer in the strategic leadership initiative of the U.A.E. federal ministry of interior where he planned, designed and delivered various courses. He also delivered Service Management and Soft Skills courses for various UAE government and private organizations. In his previous employment, Maurice was a lecturer at the Royal Melbourne of Technology for 12 years and a visiting professor to various universities (France, Sweden, Singapore, and Hong Kong). Maurice also presented his reflection in many refereed conferences around the world. He also made a positive contribution to the IT discipline through the development of result-oriented, business-focused, people-driven student projects due to his ITIL expert and PMP certifications..
- Master of Info. Tech
- Master of ed. Studies
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)Expert
- Project Management Professional (PMP)Certification
- Member of the Australian Computer Society
- Organizational Behavior
- Information Management Systems
- Introduction to Management
- Strategic Leadership
- Curriculum Effectiveness in Higher Education
- Oragnizational Learning
- Implementation of IT Service Management in Organizations
- Abi-Raad, M, (2005) ‘CRM, before technology, go back to basics!’ Management of Technology: Key Success Factors for Innovation and Sustainable Development, Elsevier, Amsterdam
- Abi-Raad, M. “Rethinking approaches to teaching with telecommunication technologies”, Journal of Information Technology for Teacher Education, (refereed journal) vol. 6, no. 2, 1997, pp. 205-214
Conference Proceedings (refereed)
- Abi-Raad M, Notsis, C (2008), “A Human perspective to managing IT projects through effective communication”, in Khalid S. Soliman (Ed.), 9th IBIMA Conference on Information Management in the Modern Organization, Proceedings of the 9th International Business Information Management Association (IBIMA) Conference, 4-6 January, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Humphreys, S., Abi-Raad, M., and Sarkar, P.K. (2006). “Identity Management: The Importance, Obstacles and Rewards for Business”, in Khalid S. Soliman (Ed.), Internet & Information Systems in the Digital Age: Challenges & Solutions. Proceedings of the 7th International Business Information Management Association (IBIMA) Conference, 14-16 December 2006, Brescia, Italy. ISBN: 0-9753393-6-2
- Humphreys, S and Abi-Raad, M (2005) ‘Making sense of web services security issues’, Internet and Information Technology in Modern Organizations: Challenges & Answers, 5th International Business Information Management Association Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 13-15 December 2005
- Dave, S and Abi-Raad, M, (2005) ‘A multi-level approach to review e-commerce security’, 14th International Conference on Management of Technology, Vienna, Austria, 22-26 May Coad, O and Abi-Raad, M, ‘A decade of evolution for the CIO role: The agents of change’, Information Technology and Organizations in the 21 st Century: Challenges and Solutions, International Business Information Management Conference, Amman, Jordan, 4-6 July 2004
- Coad, O and Abi-Raad, M, ‘A decade of evolution for the CIO role: What’s changed’, Information Technology and Organizations in the 21 st Century: Challenges and Solutions, International Business Information Management Conference, Amman, Jordan, 4-6 July 2004
- Abi-Raad, M. ‘CRM, before technology, go back to basics!’, IAMOT 2003, The 12th International Conference on Management of Technology, Nancy, France, 13-15 May 2003
- Abi-Raad, M and Shaw, T. (external) ‘Demystifying the role of the IT security manager’, IAMOT 2003, The 12th International Conference on Management of Technology, Nancy, France, 13-15 May 2003
- Srinivasan, G and Abi-Raad, M, ‘Risk factors associated with E-business infrastructure of SMEs’, 1st Australian Information Security Conference, Perth, WA, 24 November 2003
- Abi-Raad, M, ‘Securing your information assets, back to basics’, E-Business and Organizations in the 21 st Century, International Business Information Management Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 16-18 December 2003
- Srinivasan, G and Abi-Raad, M, ‘SMEs and electronic business: An overview and a roadmap for implementation’, E-Business and Organizations in the 21 st Century, International Business Information Management Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 16-18 December 2003
- Hamill, R., Humphreys, S., Trevena, N. and Abi-Raad, M., ‘Is electronic business software quality management different?’, International Symposium on Innovation in Information & Communication Technology (ISIICT), Amman, Jordan, 28-29 May 2002
- Abubakrar, N and Abi-Raad, M. ‘Quality practices in software organizations: Over promises or under practices?’ SCI2001 World Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, vol. 2, Orlando, Florida, 2001, pp. 304-309
- Ly, M; Taniar, D and Abi-Raad, M. ‘Firewall technologies and practices’, Joint Meeting of the 4th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2001) and the 6th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS2001), Orlando, USA, 23-26 July 2001
- Abi-Raad, M ‘Systems analysis with attitude’, ITiCSE 5th Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science, Helsinki, Finland, 2000, pp.57-60.
- Lee, Lay-Hoe and Abi-Raad, M. ‘Determinants of IT outsourcing in retail banking’, Joint Meeting of the 4th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2000) and the 6th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS2000), Orlando, USA, 23-26 July 2000
- Vyas, A. and Abi-Raad, M. ‘Privatization of internet service providers – Indian style’, 4th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2000) and 6th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS2000), July, 2000, Orlando, USA.
- Abi-Raad, M and Burmeister, O. ‘Articulation strategies for Business Information Technology between TAFE and Higher Education’, 17th International Conference Business Educators Australasian, Brisbane, Australia, 24-27 September 1995
- Abi-Raad, M. “Code of ethics? Which one?”, SIGCSE Bulletin (Inroads), vol. 31, no. 2, June 1999, pp. 73-77
- Abi-Raad, M. ‘What happened to our professional code of ethics’, Kuwait Conference on Information Highway ‘Technology serving society’, (invited speaker), Kuwait, 16-18 March, 1998
- Abi-Raad, M. ‘Is information systems marketing different?’ COTIM 97 Conference on Telecommunications and Information Markets, Brussels, Belgium, 23-26 November, 1997
- Abi-Raad, M. ‘Never mind policing the Internet: Feel the ethics of its users’, 1st World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Caracas, Venezuela, 7-11 July, 1997
- Abi-Raad, M. “The Soft side of Digital Forensics”, Second International ICST Conference on Digital Forensics & Cyber Crime (ICDF2C), 4-6 Oct 2010, Le Meridien Hotel, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Graduate School of Management, Brittany, France (ESC Brest Bretagne) – MBA Program
- Corporate Strategy (2007)
- Strategic Leadership and Group Dynamics (2007)
- Information and Knowledge Management (2006)
International Business Ethics (2006)
Singapore Institute of Management – RMIT MBIT Program
- Information Systems Security (2006)
IESEG School of Management, Catholic University, Lille, France (Masters Program)
- Current Issues in Information Systems Security (2006 – 2007 – 2008)
- Business Analysis (2007 – 2008)
- Business Continuity Planning (2009)
RMIT University in Association with the Hong Kong Management Association – Bachelor of Business Administration (Information Systems Stream) Hong Kong
- Business Analysis (2003 – 2004 – 2005)
Department of Computer and Information Sciences – Linkoping University – Sweden
- Computer Security and Computer Systems Controls (PhD Course – 1998 & 1999)
Principle Supervisor Masters Degree Minor Thesis Completed (1999 – 2006)
- A study of the Impact of Telecommunication Technologies on Large Australian Retail Organizations
- A study of the determinants of Information Technology (IT) outsourcing within the Australian Banking Industry in general, retail banking in particular.
- Technical expertise and project management, the dilemma of project managers coming from the ranks.
- Economy of scales and its impact on IT outsourcing
- A review of the Rapid Application Development (RAD) approach and its impact on organisational systems development projects
- Success factors in software project management, reality versus perception.
- Privatisation of Internet Service Providers – Indian Style: A Strategic Analysis.
- Quality Management Systems – under promises or over practices
- Factors that Impact on the Uptake of Wireless Electronic Banking by Mobile Phone
- A review of the Australian Federal and State initiatives relating to securing Small to Medium Enterprises engaged in E-Business
- A decade of evolution for the Chief Information Officer role: A strategic shift.
- 5th Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, Helsinki, Finland July 11-13, 2000
- 2004 Information Resources Management Association International Conference, 15th Annual IRMA International, INNOVATIONS THROUGH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, May 23-26, 2004, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- 2004 International Business Information Management Conference, “Information Technology & Organizations in the 21st Century”, Amman, Jordan, 4 – 6 July 2004